Always thankful when we receive pictures from our customers in Que Sera Vintage. @anqi03 has conscientiously advocated fashion sustainability to her family and it is clear in the choices that they’ve made. Sustainability is top priority to many these days. Especially so when fast fashion dominates the retail scene. With a growing number of ladies turning to vintage, we hope that textile waste can be cut down. Do not think your efforts are too insignificant, bit by bit we can all strive to reduce our carbon footprint. Do you know that in Singapore alone, textile waste has increased more than 61.52% in terms of mass, from 93,300 tonnes in 2008 to 150,700 tonnes in 2016 (NEA, last updated 2016) but Singapore’s textile waste recycling rate remains stagnant at a low rate of 10% since 2003. Only 7% out of the total textile waste was recycled in 2016; the remaining 93% is incinerated into residual ash and disposed in Semakau landfill, Singapore’s only landfill. This landfill is estimated to overflow by 2035! That is not many years away so we really have to be careful with our choices. Since recent years, my family has permanently put a tingkat carrier in our car. This cuts down single use plastic especially so when takeaways are weekly rituals for us. Hopefully all of us can find our little ways to cut back on waste. Be it shopping at Que Sera Vintage or any other vintage store. Let’s all work towards the same goal! UE SQUARE 81 Clemenceau Ave #01-32( located beside Starbucks, taxi stand ) Singapore 239917 3 minutes walk from Fort Canning mrt. Please park at carpark A if driving. #singaporevintage #singapore_insta #sgstyle #stylesg #Sgfashion #fashionsg #vintagesg #sgvintage #vintagefashion #fashion #vintageoutfit #singaporevintageshop #shoplocalsg #singapore #vintagestyle #vintagesingapore #vintageclothing #singaporevintageshops #localsg #supportlocalsg #shopsmallsg #vintagedress #vintagebelt #vintagebelts
Posted 1 week ago
Follow. Get the latest
Get the latest promos, sales, and events on your favourite brands and categories.